Tarion-Approved: Legal Issues in Housing January 1st, 8th,15th
Understand common legal situations faced by new home builders and learn the warning signs of when to seek a legal expert. This Tarion-approved course covers fundamental legal issues in housing and has been developed for new home builders. Topics include: Contract Law, Tort Law, the Construction Act, the Ontario New Homes Warranty Plan Act, and Statutory Laws. This course will help build your basic understanding of legal terms and concepts that you will regularly encounter as a new home builder. Learn what you need to know in-class with a legal professional.
This introductory course is intended for new home builders. This course will not make you a legal expert.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe legal requirements of contracts
- Describe types of contracts
- Distinguish between an Agreement of Purchase and Sale, and a Contract Home
- Give examples of warranties
- Explain the land registry system and related topics
- Describe builder liability
- Explain the Construction Lien Act
- Describe insurance law
- Describe privacy law
- Explain dispute resolution mechanisms
- Describe employment law
When and Where
Length: 1 day
Where: Thornhill, Ontario
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Jan 1st, 8th, 15th